Hello to all my followers -
I know it’s been awhile since I posted any pictures or said anything. My life has been super insane and school has prevented me to do any extra ID things. One good thing, is that I recently went into the Merchandise Mart for the first time and I fell in love!
I should hopefully be starting to be more frequent again soon! Hope you all have been well.
In my Materials and Sources class, we did not go on a field trip, but rather we had a speaker. This speak was named Greg and he was the head of some wood company intuition ( I should know the name but I am tired and I don’t feel like looking it up just yet. ) Anyways, this guy LOVES wood. I mean I thought I loved wood, but I was proven wrong. This guy LOVES. No really, he went on for almost 2 hours about the different cuts of wood. It was very interesting at first, but after the hour mark, there was only so much more about wood I could hear before I needed a break.
I think this is the place : http://www.awinet.org/ (Check it out sometimes if you are interested. )
There is so much to wood. I honestly had no idea on how much thinking and processing goes into wood flooring and paneling. From a designers point of view, it is actually a big overwhelming. He was a very funny guy though, and he did make me think more about my love for wood. So thank you Greg for coming in today!
I do however, believe, that I have the biggest dark wood love. Even bigger then Greg.
So Tuesday my Materials and Sources went to Datile . Datile is a big time tile and natural stone company. I believe they are the largest in the world. The lady that spoke to us was a respective for the company and she pretty much all the knowledge of the tiles they sell. To be honest, all the information was a little over-whelming and not all of it was terribly interesting, but looking through the store, I was quite impressed on how many beautiful tiles they carry.
Check out their website and look at all the pretty tiles!!!
* Fact : All the tile you see in Extreme Home Makeover is donated by them.
First off -
Hello to my new followers! Thank you so very much for the followers and the reblogs and everything! :)
School has been hetic and I was just recently in a blizzard (Go Chicago!) so I haven’t had much time to do anything, as well as post pictures. I recently went to a tile company (more about that in another post) and there was a lot of information. I have to pick out a bathroom tile for homework and it should be (hopefully) easy.
Hope all of you are doing well!
- You see floor plans in your sleep.
- You can always spot a Barcelona chair and smile.
- You can always spot a Barcelona chair and cry.
- When you ask for a mechanical pencil, you get mad when people say ‘The 7.0 lead?’
- You find drafting dots in awkward places.
- You have to chose between dinner or Bristol.
- You haven’t slept in months.
- Coffee is your favorite meal.
- You wish playing Sims was all it took.
- You get into an argument for hours on why Black is not a color.
- You can see different kinds of grays
- You yell at people who call a sofa a couch.
- You will forever and always call purple violet.
- Color Theory -still- gives you nightmares.
- You always write your name using lettering.
- You get super excited when free samples get in.
- Microns are your pen of choice.
- You realize that math is an important factor.
- You always spurt out the distance for a doorway.
- You get mistaken for an art student.
- You have broken several triangles.
- You finally know the difference between a scale and ruler.
- You want to quit school and start your own Drafting Dot company
- You want to name your child Mies.
- Templates are your friends..
- HGTV pisses you off sometimes because they make it look easy.
- The word Drafting makes your skin crawl.
- The Merchandise Mart is the greatest place on earth.
- You view everything in two point perspective.
- Autocad and Sketch up are either your friend or enemy.
- You look at your teacher strangely because you don’t know who the latest designer is.
- The local art store is your second home.
- The only drama in your life is design related.
Those are all I could think of for now! I shall add to this list. :) Hope you enjoyed it!